Integrated Physical Therapy
meilleur site de rencontre norvege Patients with musculoskeletal problems often benefit from evaluation and treatment which combines the strengths of both Western and Chinese Medicine. From a Western perspective, strength, range of joint motion, pain, tissue integrity and functional ability are assessed in order to evaluate the structural and biomechanical components of the problem. The Acupuncture evaluation provides information regarding the flow of energy along the meridians which pass through the involved area, the person’s constitutional makeup and the life habits which influence the body’s ability to heal. Successful treatment often requires that both the structural and energetic aspects of the problem be evaluated and addressed. Therefore, in many cases, optimal treatment employs a blending of these two approaches and may include:
- Consider Acupuncture or other energetic therapy to encourage flow of energy through the area, ease pain and support the constitution to enhance healing.
- Release of tight tissue / muscle spasm using trigger point, myofascial or cranio-sacral release techniques.
- Specific movement exercises, including Qigong and Feldenkrais based patterns to ease restrictions and increase the circulation.
- Lifestyle/dietary recommendations to support healing and prevent recurrence.
- Gentle stretching/strengthening to optimize return to functional activities.
- Blend knowledge of Eastern and Western medicine to assist each individual in restoring balance and harmony in their body.
- View each person’s concerns in the context of their unique history, habits and life stressors, not as a generalized diagnosis.
- Consider the utilization of Acupuncture as a means of activating the body’s capacity to heal and reducing the impact and frequency of health problems / injuries.
- Explore how optimal health can be obtained and maintained by increasing awareness of lifestyle or dietary patterns which trigger particular symptoms.
- The original concern has eased.
- The person has become an astute observer of his or her body’s response to various life patterns which impact health and vitality.
- Sleep, eating and exercise patterns support health, vitality and painfree movement.
- The person has expanded tools to alleviate recurring symptoms and maintain optimal health and vitality.